ABROAD...again


Well, I am living abroad...yet again. After Singapore, Spain, Turkey, Korea the Netherlands (and returning to Spain for a Masters) I've unpacked my backpack a little closer to home in Mexico. I live in Culiacan where I am trying my hand at teaching English to University and high school students. Below you'll find random updates as I go to festivals, explore my city or just feel like sharing a random story.

What time is it?

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Skiing!!!

So, when my older brother Jason was in med school (can you guys remember that far back? 10 years or so...maybe? I dunno) we went to visit him and Aunt Marj and Trevor and I took skiing lessons. I spent most of my time skiing sideways down the mountain PETRIFIED of going fast!

I also, lost a ski on the lift, dropped my stick, forgot to get off, fell getting on, the guy running the lift thought I was Secret Shopper or something making sure they could handle all situations.

So...when a bunch of couchsurfers wanted to do a midnight ski run for 40,000 won...I said yes! Why not? I've done a lot stupider for a lot more than 40,000 won (umm less than $40).

Surprisingly enough I like skiing, I am not very good...but its fun! Granted Alex was gracious enough to help me! But I only fell once (and in my defense Eugene did manage to try skiing through my legs at that time meaning I skied partially down the slope riding ... Eugene?)

By the way what the heck are those sticks for? I see no purpose except helping me up when I fall.

Oh and for those curious, I am still San Diegan cold intolerant. In those photos I am wearing:

Legs: tights, knee high socks, pj socks, normal socks, pj pants, jeans
Tops: Tank top, t-shirt, long sleeves, vest, jacket, sweater, big jacket

And then gloves and scarf (I survived the temps)

Anywho..photos! Because I know you don't come here to read my nonsense


At this time I figured this was the last picture I'd take as I was about to die



The group before we head up! From left to right: Juanita, Me, Eugene, Alex, Ethan, Jon and ... I think That's Josh


Before the lift


Wohoo! I made it on the Lift OK!!! And off! And now I am going to try and get down...Acks


I repeat ... ACKSSSSSSS!

No comments:

Followers