ABROAD...again


Well, I am living abroad...yet again. After Singapore, Spain, Turkey, Korea the Netherlands (and returning to Spain for a Masters) I've unpacked my backpack a little closer to home in Mexico. I live in Culiacan where I am trying my hand at teaching English to University and high school students. Below you'll find random updates as I go to festivals, explore my city or just feel like sharing a random story.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Skiing!!!

So, when my older brother Jason was in med school (can you guys remember that far back? 10 years or so...maybe? I dunno) we went to visit him and Aunt Marj and Trevor and I took skiing lessons. I spent most of my time skiing sideways down the mountain PETRIFIED of going fast!

I also, lost a ski on the lift, dropped my stick, forgot to get off, fell getting on, the guy running the lift thought I was Secret Shopper or something making sure they could handle all situations.

So...when a bunch of couchsurfers wanted to do a midnight ski run for 40,000 won...I said yes! Why not? I've done a lot stupider for a lot more than 40,000 won (umm less than $40).

Surprisingly enough I like skiing, I am not very good...but its fun! Granted Alex was gracious enough to help me! But I only fell once (and in my defense Eugene did manage to try skiing through my legs at that time meaning I skied partially down the slope riding ... Eugene?)

By the way what the heck are those sticks for? I see no purpose except helping me up when I fall.

Oh and for those curious, I am still San Diegan cold intolerant. In those photos I am wearing:

Legs: tights, knee high socks, pj socks, normal socks, pj pants, jeans
Tops: Tank top, t-shirt, long sleeves, vest, jacket, sweater, big jacket

And then gloves and scarf (I survived the temps)

Anywho..photos! Because I know you don't come here to read my nonsense


At this time I figured this was the last picture I'd take as I was about to die



The group before we head up! From left to right: Juanita, Me, Eugene, Alex, Ethan, Jon and ... I think That's Josh


Before the lift


Wohoo! I made it on the Lift OK!!! And off! And now I am going to try and get down...Acks


I repeat ... ACKSSSSSSS!

No comments:

Followers