ABROAD...again


Well, I am living abroad...yet again. After Singapore, Spain, Turkey, Korea the Netherlands (and returning to Spain for a Masters) I've unpacked my backpack a little closer to home in Mexico. I live in Culiacan where I am trying my hand at teaching English to University and high school students. Below you'll find random updates as I go to festivals, explore my city or just feel like sharing a random story.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Graduation/Losing my Co-teacher

Some people feel things in Korea move slowly...that only recently did the law allow women to wear short skirts (though really if you go to a club it seems they are QUITE used to that!)

However some things in Korea are FAST!

For example, this Monday I was told my my co-teacher in March she would be at a new school. I was sad, but I planned to get balloons and a going away present, besides...she would be here another...two weeks or so!


So Wednesday is graduation

Typical Korean event, lots of motions and bowing and stuff

Wednesday I was told Friday would be her last day.

WOW

OK, ummm...WOW

Well I'll get things together for her after school Thursday since Wednesday is graduation:







So I buy balloons get ready for all that and then Thursday I am told at lunch, "Today is my last day" Ummm...WHAT?

:(

So we all went out for dinner to celebrate the teachers that were leaving. I ate oysters with chopsticks..the METAL chopsticks, man I rock! Oh, and after the owner rocks it out on his harmonica...woot!

And the guy sitting next to me stars beating the chopsticks on the bowls...it was pretty awesome.






Oh! And I didn't get a picture of it, but my principal and my department went head to head. Who would finish first? Her drinking a whole bottle of soju? Or him drinking a bowl of cold noodle soup?

He won...no one puked, but I did leave early to meet a friend so ... maybe later

No comments:

Followers