ABROAD...again


Well, I am living abroad...yet again. After Singapore, Spain, Turkey, Korea the Netherlands (and returning to Spain for a Masters) I've unpacked my backpack a little closer to home in Mexico. I live in Culiacan where I am trying my hand at teaching English to University and high school students. Below you'll find random updates as I go to festivals, explore my city or just feel like sharing a random story.

Monday, February 9, 2009

My students can be cute

I have a winter camp assignment where my advanced students have to make a recipe. So they are drawing the food and writiting their food words (cut, boil, fry etc.) and one boy comes up to me.

"Teacher....ummm... what is food..... ummmm .... that is popcorn?"

So I sit and think..."You mean corn?"

"Ahhh, yes teacher, thank you"

SO CUTE

And the day before I had two students show up late, punctuality isnt really counted in Winter Camp as they have other camps they are attending and it is technically optional.

So I hand them the workshet we are working on and they continue with the class. At the end I get everyone's name for attendence, and when I come to them they smile, "Teacher we're not student...today we're shopping"

Awww, they came just to hang out, that's pretty cool. These were the students that wrote you Thanksgiving and Christmas cards... *HUGS*

I'll miss them!

I just sumitted my notice that I do not intend to renew my contract and I am dealing with untangling some red tape now, but I have faith it will all work out!

No comments:

Followers