ABROAD...again


Well, I am living abroad...yet again. After Singapore, Spain, Turkey, Korea the Netherlands (and returning to Spain for a Masters) I've unpacked my backpack a little closer to home in Mexico. I live in Culiacan where I am trying my hand at teaching English to University and high school students. Below you'll find random updates as I go to festivals, explore my city or just feel like sharing a random story.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Friend from Singapore



Back in Singapore one my my exchange friends was Nicolas (I circled our faces in an old photo of us before one of the Singapore nights everyone went out for)

So anyways, after my teacher's going away dinner I ran to the subway to catch a train to get to Seoul to visit my friend from Singapore who was here on a business trip to have dinner ... again... I know I too am confused as to why everyone else loses weight abroad and I do not ... hmmmm

So, he asked for food he hadn't tried yet, so we took him out for "Potato soup" I don't remember the name in korea but that's the translation. My favorite part about this is there's like three potatoes in the pot, but we call it potato soup!

Really, its a soup made from the spine of a cow (like ribs, but with the spine) it bowls down with veggies and makes a yummy stew thing and then you eat the meat from the spine (tough with chopsticks but we prevail!!!)

SIDENOTE: This is one reason that mad cow disease is a worry for Koreans I guess the mad cowy part of a cow is stored in the spine...or something, maybe not its just what I was told

Pictures of him playing the flicky game (of course!) And Gaeul drinking because she lost :(


No comments:

Followers