ABROAD...again


Well, I am living abroad...yet again. After Singapore, Spain, Turkey, Korea the Netherlands (and returning to Spain for a Masters) I've unpacked my backpack a little closer to home in Mexico. I live in Culiacan where I am trying my hand at teaching English to University and high school students. Below you'll find random updates as I go to festivals, explore my city or just feel like sharing a random story.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Koreans must be great at faking it

I have a degree in communications. I STUDIED communications for FOUR years. I KNOW what I am talking about...

yet...

I CANNOT read a Korean crowd.

I do not know if they understand or don't. They all look very intently and nod at appropriate intervals...but when asked a simple review question...NONE of them know the answer...and it is not just being shy as I thought at first...nope it is just NOT knowing

VERY bizzare

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have to provide more "guided practice" and lower the "affective filter".
Besos, Mom

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I miss you bunches!!! Andrew asked today if Aunt Carrie was going to go swimming with him at Papi's house :(
lisa

Anonymous said...

you're the teacher. Better figure it out. dad

Lils said...

lol. dad gives sound advice.

you ARE the teacher darlin'

but when you say faking it, where you referring to a non-PG13 practice? lol. because if thats the case its not just Korean's, its women in general.

;-)

miss you sweetie!

Followers