ABROAD...again


Well, I am living abroad...yet again. After Singapore, Spain, Turkey, Korea the Netherlands (and returning to Spain for a Masters) I've unpacked my backpack a little closer to home in Mexico. I live in Culiacan where I am trying my hand at teaching English to University and high school students. Below you'll find random updates as I go to festivals, explore my city or just feel like sharing a random story.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Not really a PG post

SO I recently went to Gangwando and hung out with Patrick. We went to Haeshindang Park in Sokcho (about...2 hours away from him after a few busses. This park has a pretty good story and an even better nickname

So a long time ago a man and a woman were supposed to be married. She said goodbye one day and he went fishing. He promised he'd be back in a week to marry her. Every day she went out to gather seaweed and wait for him. On the day he was supposed to return the weather was so bad he couldn't. While waiting a wave came and swept her off to sea ... killing her....bummer

The next few years the town had very bad fishing. So they finally realized, "Ah! Her spirit is cursing us"

and since Korean's know how to handle a woman...they knew exactly what they needed to do

Obviously the woman was upset she wasn't getting laid!

So they built this park with all these giant phallic symbols (some very details with the veins and stuff)

and then voila good fishing...


Sooo, yes we went to "Penis Park" ummm...should I put photos up??? Can we tell the kids I was looking at??? Ummm... Bananas?

A WHOLE new meaning to "getting nailed"

Quite intricate, yes?
Since this is all about good fishing after all
Hmmm, I wonder why they call it Penis Park?


Scary man/penis

Yeeeowzers!
A statue of her...with penises behind her of course
A memorial to her :(
The bridge (observe UNDER the bridge)
The beautiful beach...aka where she died

No comments:

Followers