ABROAD...again


Well, I am living abroad...yet again. After Singapore, Spain, Turkey, Korea the Netherlands (and returning to Spain for a Masters) I've unpacked my backpack a little closer to home in Mexico. I live in Culiacan where I am trying my hand at teaching English to University and high school students. Below you'll find random updates as I go to festivals, explore my city or just feel like sharing a random story.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Why Korea?

I have to finish packing, but I thought i'd take a moment to answer the question people keep asking me.

"Why are you teaching in Korea?"

A. Gaeul
B. I've never been
C. They don't require any experience and they pay decently
D. They pay for your apartment
E. Kimchi

A. Gaeul is my friend I met while studying Spanish in Spain. She is pretty much da bomb. She's one of those super smart people that makes you feel dumb because she speaks, French, German, English, Spanish and...oh yea KOREAN. But since she's in Korea I'll know someone and she can save me when I get arrested for accidentally claiming allegiance to their Northern counterpart.

B. I like going places I've never been. It is really fun. You have to deal with culture, languages, and full immersion. It is AMAZING! Plus it is close enough to Asia I can go to countries I know I love (China, Vietnam, Japan, etc.)

C. If you have a degree, you are hired. HOW AWESOME IS THAT? The pay isn't great but the taxes are lower (I don't pay American taxes) and with the dollar going down i'll be making even more..kinda.

D. I like free rent.

E. I like kimchi it is good.

So...yeah

No comments:

Followers