ABROAD...again


Well, I am living abroad...yet again. After Singapore, Spain, Turkey, Korea the Netherlands (and returning to Spain for a Masters) I've unpacked my backpack a little closer to home in Mexico. I live in Culiacan where I am trying my hand at teaching English to University and high school students. Below you'll find random updates as I go to festivals, explore my city or just feel like sharing a random story.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Letter from my pre-school teacher

I just found a letter from my teacher:

"Dear Carissa,

Its been a pleasure having you in class. You are a wonderful, bright and conscientious student. You're also a charming sweet little girl who's eager to learn and to share her knowledge with her friends. At times you are quite shy and reluctant to change. However don't ever let that make you lose confidence in yourself. You are a bright little girl and you have so much to offer. Always remember you can do it sweetie. And knowing you, I know you can do it very well too. Underneath that shy exterior is a sweet intelligent Carissa ready to accomplish anything and everything she sets her mind to. I know you'll do fine in kindergarten and throughout your formal education.

You've made teaching enjoyable and rewarding. Thank you for sharing your love and super hugs with me. Have a wonderful summer and a great school year. You'll always be my Carissa-Bissa.

Love,

Mrs. Solomon."


I know some of it is probably the same that she wrote to other students, but I hope that I have met her expectations. I hope that I have gained confidence in myself and shown a stronger acceptance of change. I think that I have accomplished most my goals (though I admit I try to keep them low to make sure I can) and I really hope I can continue to do so.

Wow, who would have thought a letter from a teacher who knew me from for a brief year (when I was 4-5 years old) would inspire me to keep trying to be the best I can be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pleasant Post. This record helped me in my college assignment. Thnaks Alot

Anonymous said...

I didn't see this till today. I don't know if this note is quite as dynamic as the 7th grade report card I took to the family beach party with my 2D's, a plethora of C's and a whole bunch of S's, "does only what is required without much enthusiasm." Mrs. Solomon had more hope for you than Sister Bonaventure had for me. Take care. DAD

Followers