ABROAD...again


Well, I am living abroad...yet again. After Singapore, Spain, Turkey, Korea the Netherlands (and returning to Spain for a Masters) I've unpacked my backpack a little closer to home in Mexico. I live in Culiacan where I am trying my hand at teaching English to University and high school students. Below you'll find random updates as I go to festivals, explore my city or just feel like sharing a random story.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Mexico...let´s go

"Dear Ms. Peck:

I am pleased to offer you the job of instructor of English at the Sinaloa Campus of Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey."
What's the job?
  • Commit to a one-year contract (with possibility of renewal).
  • Start work on July 25, 2011. (Classes start August 8.)
  • Be on campus 40 hours a week (teach 4 different classes for 4.5 hours each which means 18 hours a week).
  • Teach in high school and university divisions.
And what do I get?
  • Salary of 23,000 pesos per month (that is about 2,000Euros/month)
  • Paid airfare from point of origin to Culiacan, Sinaloa
  • Paid airfare from Culiacan, Sinaloa to point of origin at end of one-year contract (and paid return to Culiacan if renewing contract)
  • Paid housing (homestay) during first two weeks in Culiacan
  • Assistance in finding apartment
  • Five weeks’ paid vacation per year (two at Christmas, two in the summer, one during Easter week)
Why I am super excited?
  • I am really excited to be back to working with older students
  • I am super excited about being in a Spanish speaking country again
  • I am thrilled about the weather (yes I know gross humidity, but my hair rocks humidity anyways)
  • I am closer to home (actually be able to fly home for holidays or maybe even weddings!)
  • The pay is enough that I can actually save again (wohoo!)

Followers