"Dear Ms. Peck:What's the job?
I am pleased to offer you the job of instructor of English at the Sinaloa Campus of Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey."
- Commit to a one-year contract (with possibility of renewal).
- Start work on July 25, 2011. (Classes start August 8.)
- Be on campus 40 hours a week (teach 4 different classes for 4.5 hours each which means 18 hours a week).
- Teach in high school and university divisions.
- Salary of 23,000 pesos per month (that is about 2,000Euros/month)
- Paid airfare from point of origin to Culiacan, Sinaloa
- Paid airfare from Culiacan, Sinaloa to point of origin at end of one-year contract (and paid return to Culiacan if renewing contract)
- Paid housing (homestay) during first two weeks in Culiacan
- Assistance in finding apartment
- Five weeks’ paid vacation per year (two at Christmas, two in the summer, one during Easter week)
Why I am super excited?
- I am really excited to be back to working with older students
- I am super excited about being in a Spanish speaking country again
- I am thrilled about the weather (yes I know gross humidity, but my hair rocks humidity anyways)
- I am closer to home (actually be able to fly home for holidays or maybe even weddings!)
- The pay is enough that I can actually save again (wohoo!)