ABROAD...again


Well, I am living abroad...yet again. After Singapore, Spain, Turkey, Korea the Netherlands (and returning to Spain for a Masters) I've unpacked my backpack a little closer to home in Mexico. I live in Culiacan where I am trying my hand at teaching English to University and high school students. Below you'll find random updates as I go to festivals, explore my city or just feel like sharing a random story.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Open Class

So I had my open class today. Open class is when you teach a class and other teachers from other schools (or your school if they have free time) come and evaluate you. And it is not just for English Teachers. ALL teachers in Korea have to have one open class every year.

I was sick as a dog and afraid my voice would fail, but we did a really really awesome job.

My school posted a video but my Korean is pretty rusty so all I can find right now are the pictures:

The little Korean before the pictures says,"In 5 period today, the 3-grade English teacher with a class has a public class. 3-grade class are nice too calm so well done, guys!

Good job~ Excellent! "


http://daeseon.es.kr/?act=gallery.read&code=1711&id=376

:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, pretty cool. I went to the address you gave and saw the pictures. Lots of adults in there and a videotaper. I would have walked out and gone home. Cool classroom. You look good. Glad things are going well. I will read your essay and comment right after this. DAD

Anonymous said...

Have to agree with the dad. You do look good. Someone should video tape you so we can hear what you sound like.
Besos,
Mom

Carissa Peck said...

There was a video, but I don't know where it is...maybe I'll videotape some of summer school :-)

Followers