ABROAD...again


Well, I am living abroad...yet again. After Singapore, Spain, Turkey, Korea the Netherlands (and returning to Spain for a Masters) I've unpacked my backpack a little closer to home in Mexico. I live in Culiacan where I am trying my hand at teaching English to University and high school students. Below you'll find random updates as I go to festivals, explore my city or just feel like sharing a random story.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Abroad...again

For those of you who know me I have a love of living abroad. It started in high school. A friend persuaded me into joining the French club so I could go on the Europe trip with her. It seemed like fun, so I joined...regardless of the fact I was in Spanish class, but hey I lived in San Diego anyone could go down to Mexico for Spanish. France was...across a really big ocean. So I sold Mardis Gras beads, picked up a part time job and voila France!

The airport promptly lost my luggage, we got lost in the red light district while looking for a church , had the best pick up line EVER (you, me, monkey fuck?) and I I got stuck going into all the cathedrals in my big red Coca Cola sweater in the middle of summer since I was wearing a tank top and had no luggage.

It was one of the most exciting trips I'd ever taken, and I wanted more of it, so I vowed to study abroad in college. I made it to Singapore, Spain and Turkey(kinda) studying abroad and it was an amazing experience I highly recommend to everyone!

But now I have graduated...and I am supposed to get a job...and the real world awaits, so.... abroad.

I am heading to Suwon, South Korea to teach English... pray for me, light candles, make vodoo dolls, or just keep me in your good graces and I'll keep you posted on my life abroad, my life as a teacher, and for now...the struggle getting there!

:-)

Carissa

No comments:

Followers